May 4th, 2017

Tide Mills at Seaford Head

Tide Mills is a derelict village two kms South East of Newhaven. The village was abandoned in 1939
The Tide Mills site had a Railway Station,
Nurses Home, Hospital, RNAS Station and the Marconi Radio Station (1904)
The Tide Mills site, unused since 1900, was condemned in 1936 with the last residents
forcibly removed in 1939

The Tide Mill was erected in 1761 by the
Duke of Newcastle, and was later owned and operated by William Catt (1770–1853)
Welcome to Tide Mills,
South Downs National Park
The Tide Mills derelict Mill Race Sluice, Seaford
Gillian trying to complete an Earthcache on the beach near the Tide Mills, Bishopstone
Information Panel about the changing coastline
Geocaching amongst the ruins of the
Tide Mill, Seaford
Newhaven Boat Marina
The Newhaven to Dieppe ferry Côte D’Albatre, entered service in March 2006. At 142 metres long,
and with a draught of 5.7m, she is the maximum-sized ferry that Newhaven harbour can currently safely accommodate
Candy Coloured Beach Huts along the Seaford Beach Front
Chalk cliffs at
Splash Point, Seaford
Shoal of Fish benches at
Splash Point, Seaford
Gillian and Misty relax in the sun, Newhaven

Return to Main Index