Michael Linton's Bayeux Tapestry: 1066 - A Medieval Mosaic and Puzzles
Medieval Mosaic DVD-Rom
|Medieval Mosaic DVD-Rom||$50.00 NZ|
This DVD-Rom brings you the complete story of the period of 1066. It includes the story, the people, the culture, and events of the time.
In addition to the exhaustive history, a very intricate path of puzzles has been encoded into the background of the mosaic. Over 10,000 of the pieces have been placed very purposely to create an intricate path of puzzles throughout the entire mosaic.
The 6 gigabyte DVD-Rom includes the following:
- Scans of the entire mosaic in 3 resolutions:
- Thumbnail (13000 x 120 pixels)
- Medium (69000 x 600 pixels)
- High (265000 x 2450 pixels)
- Extremely detailed Interactive History of the Bayeux Tapestry
- Website interface
- Library - Over 35 full-text historical books plus many extracts.
- 460 Aesop's fables integrated into the Tapestry
- Latin to English translations of the Tapestry
- Heraldry - Banners, Shields, Coats of Arms
- Genealogy - Family Histories of 750 of the Companions of the Conqueror
- Brass Rubbing - Virtual Brass Rubbing Centre
- Colouring Book - 50 pages of the tapestry to colour.
- Celtic Knot Creator - design your own Celtic knots.
- Halley's Comet - Interactive Planetary System.
- Planetarium - Stars, Planets, Galaxies, Nebula.
- Search Engine - Google style search engine.
- Rolls - Battle Abbey, Falaise, Dives, Wace plus 11 other rolls.
- 12 Illuminated Manuscripts - Book of Kells, Lindisfarne, Crusader Bible.
- 80 Humerous Verses by Stanley Holloway - Hastings, Matilda, Rufus, etc.
- Maps - England and wales at approximatly 1 inch to the mile.
- Music - Turn the pages Medieval Music Book.
- 110 Stories for Children - Talking book.
- Runes - English to runes translator.
- Kings and Queens - Histories of over 2000 members of the royal family.
- Weapons - Extensive information on Medieval Weapons and Armour.
- Battles - Over 200 historic battles
- Castles - Over 1500 castles of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
- Clans - Histories of over 100 clans of Scotland.
- Palaces - Histories of 38 Royal residences.
- Monasteries - Histories of 190 monasteries of England.
- Cathedrals - Histories of 69 Cathedrals of England
- Slide Show - 100 Souvenir photos of Canterbury New Zealand.
- 105 Tri-Alphametics - Number Letter substitution puzzles.
- Magic Cube - A 3D interactive model that adds to 2052 in every possible direction.
- Two original puzzle games + interactive games and puzzles including Chess, Backgammon, Sudoku, Scrabble, Bridge, Uno, Yahtzee, Sokoban + many more.